My name is Sarah. I’m in my late twenties, a freelance writer and live in Wisconsin with my husband and our menagerie of rescue pets. Fashion has always been a huge passion of mine – unfortunately America’s Dairyland has never been known as a major style hub like New York or Paris. While I was in high school, I learned the magic of online shopping… suddenly it didn’t matter that I wasn’t able to waltz into designer boutiques, I could order products and have sent to me! Over the years, I like to think I’ve perfected the art of finding awesome deals: my personal philosophy has always been “Just because you can pay full price for it doesn’t mean that you should.”
Champagne Taste came to be as a side project. I’m a freelance writer but I found while others were paying me to create content they wanted, I wanted to develop my own. Friends have always asked me over the years for tips and tricks to restore an old leather purse or how to tell if those designer shoes on eBay are authentic, I figured that I’d finally start sharing what I know with the rest of the world.
More about me…
- I’m usually reading multiple books at any given time.
- If I don’t have my planner with me – or my Google Calendar synced – I go into a mild panic.
- We have two cats, two dogs and a horse. A house is not a home unless it’s filled with rescue pets.
- To the above point, my husband and I have mutually agreed that I’m banned from all animal shelter adoption events on weekends.
- I’ll drink iced coffee even if it’s thirty below zero.
- My love for the Wisconsin Badgers and Boston Red Sox has no bounds. Don’t play “Sweet Caroline” at your wedding unless you’re prepared for my… um, enthusiasm.
- Despite living in Milwaukee, I hate the taste of beer. My drink of choice is usually a glass of white wine.
- I have seven tattoos – and am constantly adding more.
- Community involvement is important to me. I am a member of the Junior League of Milwaukee, the Milwaukee Alumnae Panhellenic, my local Chi Omega alumnae chapter – and am usually looking for additional volunteer opportunities!
Boomer is my 1 1/2 year-old Chihuahua. He was adopted from Tiny Paws Small Dog Rescue. While all my pets are special, Boomer is usually the one cuddled up in my lap while I write – because of his dedication, I joke that he’s my official “intern.”
Disclaimer: This blog profits through the use of affiliates, advertisements, and sponsorships. All opinions expressed are my own, and I do not post anything I would not purchase, wear or use for myself. Honesty is far more important to me than any potential earning.